I love McDonalds.
I do. I love it. When people are all, "Ew, McDonalds? I haven't eaten there in years" I feel a small pang of guilt, because just hearing the words makes me want it all the more. There's just something about it - maybe it's the fact that I grew up in a small town where the nearest McDonalds was at least 45 minutes away, or maybe it's just my way to indulge since I live a relatively clean life otherwise, but I love the stuff.
There are certain trips to McDonalds that make it all the better.
- The late night McDonalds run. Everyone has done this at least once in their life. Maybe you just flew into town and are starving an completely exhausted. Maybe you just got out of a concert and your ears are still ringing and you're too wired to sleep so you think you're hungry. Maybe you're just drunk and looking for something delicious and greasy to sit in your stomach. McDonalds is the place for you. Nothing tastes better at 4:00 a.m. than a little McDonalds. Bonus points if you go through the drive-thru in a cab.
- The McDonalds breakfast. One of the most elusive fast food events, it's right up there with finding an open Arbys (BTW, I love Arbys too). It's so true in Big Daddy - the excitement of actually being up early enough to get those sweet, sweet hashbrowns. And for some reason, McDonalds has the best orange juice in the world.
- Dollar Drinks. We're right smack in the middle of Dollar Drinks right now, my friends. There's nothing better on a hot summer day than going to McDonalds and getting a whole freaking litre of cola for a dollar. Even better? This summer the iced coffees are included in the promotion. And I loves me some iced coffee.
- The "You know what I haven't had in a while?" trip to McDonalds. Nothing satisfies a craving like McD's.
- The "I just went and got weighed at my Weight Watchers meeting and lost weight, so I'm going to go eat at McDonalds now" trip. Oh, sweet victory.
- Also, the "I just weighed myself and gained weight, so I might as well eat some McDonalds and at least be fat and happy." Funny how that works.
- The special promotion trip. Hello, McRib, Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry and Shamrock Shake. You're limited edition, so that means you don't have any calories.
- McHappy Day. Calories also don't count when the proceeds go to charity. This is the one day a year that I eat a Big Mac.
- The "Found" McDonalds. Did someone leave leftovers in the kitchen from the night before? You know what tastes better than a hot cheeseburger from McDonalds? A cold cheeseburger from McDonalds.
- The McDonalds snack. I rarely order a full meal at McDonalds anymore. Instead, I prefer the dollar menu (I guess it's technically the $1.39 menu here). What's better than getting a perfect little cheeseburger, or a delicious little snack wrap for the road?
- The "I'm eating in a restaurant that is far too fancy for me, and all I really want is a Big Mac and fries" (as suggested by Paula!)
- The home alone McDonalds meal. If you eat McDonalds and no one sees you do it, do the calories count? No.